Monday, November 14, 2016

Salt + Peaks, East of Salt Lake City, Utah, 2016


Yesterday was absolutely sublime. My drive to the Bonneville Salt Flats took my breath away. An hour or so away from Salt Lake City, the scene becomes almost lunar in appearance, with beautiful peaks to the distance in both directions. The land extending from the freeway to the peaks seemed to go on forever, and looked impossibly flat.

In some areas the dry land gave way to water as still as glass, like in this image. It seemed to perfect to be true, and my eyes had a hard time maintaining focus on the road. Everyone told me to go in the other direction towards the trees and green landscape. Something however pulled me this way.

Here is a digital snapshot of this region, until the film is processed.



Note: This image was made with a Sony RX100M3.

No comments:

Post a Comment