Saturday, November 12, 2016

Great Salt Lake, Salt Lake City, Utah, November 12, 2016


Since my trip to Lebanon had to be cancelled for the sake of work, it was time to look for the silver lining. That lining was the location of my work, Salt Lake City. With me to Utah this past weekend came my camera, and plenty of film. 

So today I headed west and found this beautiful lake, certainly familiar to everyone in this region. It
 is my first venture into the landscape, and I cannot wait to visit the national parks over the next two months.

While I was there, an older man noticed my camera and stopped to say hello. He was into his ninth decade, and his family had lived in this region for the last three generations, since the late 1800's!

He told me about the lake, and how it is a shell of what it used to be during his childhood. He pointed to the previous shoreline, and went on to tell me how he had come here with his family as a child. He pointed to the sailboats sitting in the parking lot, and told me that when they had taken them out two years ago they thought that the boats would go right back in the next year. Yet, there they sat while we chatted for some time.

This is the memory which will come to mind when the film is processed, and when I look through the negatives for the perfect frame to print soon.



Note: This image was made with a Sony RX100M3.

No comments:

Post a Comment