Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Girl Named Aachi, Village near Virat Nagar, Rajasthan, India, 2016


My name is Aachi Gurjar, and I am 13 years old. We have nine members in my family. My Father's name is Ram Karan, and my mother's name is Kalli Devi. In my family we are five sisters and two brothers. My father and mother are working as laborers in Kheda village near Virat Nagar, Rajasthan. My family is very poor.

Due to poverty, my elder sister and brother cannot read because during school time, we need to work at our home to earn money. So due to poverty my family is not able to get an education. One day, Krishna told my father about a school in our village. However, my father and mother told her that I did not have time as I take the goats for grazing daily.

Then Krishna, our teacher, told my father and mother that the school starts later, and that I could come easily. My father agreed and enrolled me in the study center. Now I am coming daily to the school, and I am very happy to start a new life. Now I am not only Anchi, but also a student in this school. I and my family are very happy.


My teacher is nice, and she loves us. Here I am learning Hindi, English and Math also. We participate in the Baal Sabha on Saturdays. At the end, I wish to continue my study. I would like to thank this school for giving me the opportunity for an education.


Note: Image was made with a Sony RX100M2.

No comments:

Post a Comment