Thursday, June 2, 2016

Sheyla + 4 Frames, Santa Maria del Mar, Cuba, 2015


As my work on the beach crept closer and closer into the water, it seemed necessary to get a new camera which would allow me to join everyone without worry. While at first there was some hesitation using a camera without a tripod, it was also truly liberating.

Before my visit in 2014 I purchased a Fuji GA645 camera and followed the dancers and models into the water. The results made me believe in the new direction, and this year color film is coming along also!

In this series my friend Sheyla joined us and truly performed for the lens. We began our work this morning at the racquetball courts, and then drove the minute to the beach for an hour of abstract images. She interpreted this her own way, and rather than looking into the lens like she did for the first hour, she felt the moment and demonstrated to me her respect for her craft.

I for one look forward to our reunion in four or so weeks.


Note: This series was made with a Fuji GA645i onto Kodak TMX film.

No comments:

Post a Comment