Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Young Student, Near Kisumu, Kenya, 2006


Early in my work on the African Continent I was fortunate enough to have the guidance of a wonderful foundation by the name of MACODEF. These wonderful people worked on community development near the small town if Kisumu, Kenya. They chose a few villages and concentrated their considerable efforts for their development.

One day they took me to a school knowing that children are of great interest to me. They told me to set up my camera since the children would be running out immediately. They were right, a few minutes after setting up the camera the children began running out one classroom at a time.

A small bench was placed with the beautiful dirt behind the children as the backdrop. We photographed every single child, and they took great pleasure in sitting for the lens even if it was for only a minute or so. This is one portrait from that session, a young boy sitting with pride in front of his students.


Note: This image was made with a Nikon F100.

No comments:

Post a Comment