Sunday, December 27, 2015

Jordan + Wet Hair, El Mirage Dry Lake Bed, California, 2015


Sometimes my work overseas spoils me, makes me see photography through the prisms of true acceptance and complete understanding. Then there are those times when such spirits here in the States also do the same for me.

This exquisite woman is one such example, as she responded to my casting call last week with incredible exuberance. Rather than letting days go between messages, she would reply very quickly and with precision. When asked to show me her wardrobe, she did so immediately and with visual examples sent.

Her beauty is only matched by her humility, a rare combination in my experience but one which has been demonstrated to me through the beautiful people in my portfolio. She is a sister to the girls in my work, and now even more so as her spirit passed the same glass elements on its way to the film plane over and over again during our session yesterday.


Jordan's Website

Note: This image was made with a Hasselblad 555 ELD/180 mm combination onto Fuji Neopan Acros 100 ISO film.

No comments:

Post a Comment