Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Young Girl + Necklace, Banganga, Rajasthan, India, November of 2013


There is a village in India in which I can see spending much of my time. It is called Banganga and is situated in the beautiful state of Rajasthan. It has been the site of countless memories since 2006 and the families trust me enough to hang out with the children unsupervised… quite a remarkable thing in rural India or anywhere else actually.

Presently we have one school for around thirty girls, and the teacher happens to be this little girl's aunt. As her uncle likes to say, she is a 'naughty' girl, and is always getting into trouble. She is however a most gentle spirit and always sits by my side whenever we get a chance to relax. This is the smile she displays almost all of the time, and it was her cousin who had decorated my arm with mehndi in the most recent TEDx Talk.


Note: This portrait was made with a Sony  RX100M2, edited for size and color only.

No comments:

Post a Comment