Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Ballerina + Rooftop, La Habana, Cuba, Summer of 2013


A new face to look forward to this coming summer on the island, and she is also a ballerina! One day upon returning to my friend's apartment my eyes witnessed this beautiful spirit playing games with my friend's daughter and another friend. Their mothers also happened to be there and we talked at length about the photography. Then their background in dancing was mentioned to me and the interest in photographing them grew. Their mothers were very interested and we decided to do so the next chance we got, which happened to be the very next day.

All of us met at my friend's apartment on a late afternoon, and used the roof as our studio. The sun was hot but the girls adapted to the photography well and we made exquisite portraits, this being just one example. We used her hair to shield her eyes from the sun, and I was even more surprised when she was able to make portraits without this shield.

This year I look forward to taking them and their mothers to the beach at Santa Maria del Mar for more photography, and cannot wait to hand them their portraits from last year, including this one.


www.halimina.org

No comments:

Post a Comment