Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Barber, Muş, Turkey, May 22, 2013

On my first visit to the wonderful city of Muş I walked around a bit and photographed some of the local businesses. The man above owned a shop across the street from the mosque and invited us in for tea while working. He was kind enough to allow me to document his craft while serving us with the famous Turkish tea.

The space was small but comfortable and we worked for perhaps twenty or so minutes before moving on up the street to find more faces to document. The pace of his work was incredibly fast while his cuts were most precise.

When I returned to Muş due to the protests happening in the western parts of Turkey, we seemed to run into each other almost every day. Whether this happened while I was having breakfast with a friend or discovering various hidden parts of the old city, he would always smile and wave as he walked by us. The people around me would always be surprised in that people had come to know me in such a small period of time. I found it an honor to be recognized and to have been accepted with such kindness.

halim.ina@gmail.com
Halim Ina Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment